Friday, November 26, 2010

She's Back!

I know. It's been a while.

So much has happened since I last blogged at  Midlife Mysteries. Quite a lot, actually. My last entry over there was about a young girl named Tara Santelices whose life was cut short when she was shot inside a jeepney on the eve of her 23rd birthday.

That bog was marked by so much sadness and, okay, angst. In the throes of a major midlife crisis, it became my way of processing and probing, as the title suggested, the mysteries of midlife. Emotions raw, thrashing about, it was an exciting phase in my life.

Oh but I've changed so much since then.

Now I have become more still, peaceful and wiser, I hope. Tolerant too. But braver and more centered, or so I'd like to think. I'm entering a new phase in my life. A brave new world I like to call it, and if you're up to it, I'd like to invite you to come and navigate it with me.

So some days, except me to be deep. On some days, shallow and inane. Some days funny and fluffy, some days pensive and profound.  Finally, at 46, I've learned to embrace all the parts of me -- both the shadow and the light.

The child I once was, her name was Kate.  I found her again last year, after the turbulent midlife years had passed. She and I have become good friends and we're very happy together. I really missed her. I'm so glad she's back and finally home.

No comments:

Post a Comment