Sunday, February 6, 2011

Tina Tagle's Serendipity

Tina Tagle's Serendipity
I read Tina Tagle's blog today  and I was simply blown away by the woman's irreverence, candor and honesty. In a world filled with so much pretense, she is so refreshing! I'm sure many people will disagree with me, but I like Tina. She tells it like it is. Walang kiyeme kyeme.

I'm not really a fashion person, but I like the way she puts herself together and boy, she looks fab for fifty-something! At mukhang totoo lahat, if you get what I mean. I know that many are perhaps put-off by her outfit of the day displays but I guess the woman is just being honest. As my friend Joey Reyes says, "nothing wrong if you can afford it, if it came from your pockets and not someone else's at kung carry mo ba and it will make you happy..." So I guess that's Tina's philosophy too.

Today the Philippine Daily Inquirer ran a review of her blog Blogging with the real housewife of Dasma and naturally it drew hundreds to Tina's blog. I am sure naloka sya momentarily.

People who are as real as Tina, usually have gone through a lot in life. In spite of being the lady of leisure that she is, I wonder what her struggles have been. You don't have that kind of tenacity, that kind of gift to laugh at yourself, and the courage to say it like it is if you haven't been through the eye of some major storm, if you haven't been through hell and back.

Basta totoong-totoo sya at maganda ang puso nya. I'd love to meet her someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment